1. How would you search for an exact word or phrase?
To search for an exact word or phrase, simply type it within quotation marks.
Example: To search for the song The Ring of Fire, type: “The Ring of Fire”
2. How would you search for something on a specific site?
To search for something on a specific site, type “site: (web address)” after the subject.
Example: To search for music videos by Lana Del Rey, you would type: “Lana Del Rey site: youtube.com”
3. How would you correctly search for a definition?
To search for a definition, type “define: (word)”
Example: If you want to know the definition of the word Satire, type: “define: satire”
4. How would you search for a specific product available within a specific price range?
To search for a specific product available within a specific price range, you would first type the product name followed by the lowest to highest price separated by two periods.
Example: Canon camera $800..$1100
5. How would you search for a specific filetype?
To search for a specific filetype, type “filetype:” followed by the type you are searching for.
Example: If you wanted to search for gifs you would type: “filetype: gif”
6. How would you include or ignore words in your search?
To include words in your search type a “+” (addition symbol) before the word. To ignore words in your search type a “-“ (minus symbol) before the word.
7. How would you find related pages?
To find related pages, type “related:” followed by the URL.
8. How would you find a topic, searching all available synonyms of a word?
To search using all available synonyms for a word, insert a tilde symbol (~) before the word you are searching.
Example: ~ sushi
9. How would you find the time in another country?
To find the time for another country, simply type “time” before the chosen location.
Example: time Tokyo
10. How would you find out how many Egyptian pounds you get for $20 Canadian dollars?
Type the following: “20 CAD to Egyptian Pound”